Saturday, October 13, 2007

Tempted


I was tempted to complain today. Well I guess if I am honest I am tempted everyday. A few hundred times throughout the day may be a bit more accurate to say. It comes in so many different forms and often I can slyly let it pass by my lips without a second thought. For the first time today thought I looked a our meal, and and an ungrateful thought began to formulate. A meal that I have seen pretty much in the same form for the last seven days, three times a day. I thought of all the different things I could be eating, wondered why the consistency in the things I see on my plate, and on and on. Then it hit me, it almost hurt, and I'm sure it did hurt Jesus heart. They are serving us their best. This cook has been amazing. He has worked none stop since we have been here, always joyfully serving, the list goes on and on. And for this gluten intolerant guy this has been a dream. Rice chicken, spices, vegetables, clean (often cold) water, hot food, even a tea unlike any I have had. God is so good to look after me in even the small ways. Thanks for your provision, and I truly meant it when I prayed "God, thank you for this food."

Do everything without complaining... Philippians

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home