Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Brotha From Another Motha

A new friend emailed a few weeks back asking if I could help him move. Since I understand what a HUGE blessing people have been in helping me move I readily agreed. It's kind of interesting because when you help someone move you get to meet all their other friends, or should I say true friends:) It was neat meeting all these new people, but one stood out. He was genuinely a neat guy. We didn't get a chance to talk a ton, but we did put a crib together for the family that was moving in. After quickly tying a few of the ties on the crib and noticing he was neatly tying the bows on his side I decide to redo mine.


It wasn't till about a week later after talking with his friend that in I learned a bit more about this guy. It turns out he lost his only son during birth within this last year, along with other difficulties has lost his wife too. When I heard this I almost began to cry. I didn't even really know this guy, but my heart broke for him. And then I only learned more about him. How he noticed his friends who had a baby almost the same age were a bit more quiet about there son, so he reassured them that it was a blessing to him to hear them talk about their son.


I think the thing that stood out to me was his heart. His unwavering desire to follow Christ, and his total dependence on Him to keep moving forward. His friend that was walking through this whole thing with him, because of this bond they both had. It was like they were family. That's what it means to be a fellow Christ follower. That's what this family thing God talks about means. God thanks for brothers from other mothers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home