Thursday, March 22, 2007

I am BLESSED

I don't know if you ever have one of those moments where you realize how blessed you are, but I had one of them last night. One of those times when you don't want it to end, you just want to sit and soak as much up as you can. In fact if time stopped for a while you really would mind. My incredibly awesome wife had the idea of going on a hike last night. It wasn't planned. In fact it was about 6:00pm when she suggested it. We grabbed a backpack and ten minutes later we were hiking up a mountain. It was great, in fact near the top we were all (including Asher, actually he is the one who tipped us off to it because he had is head cranked all the way back and was just staring at the sky) silently looking at the beautiful pink and orange clouds. It was awesome but the thing that struck me the most was on our hike we were laughing and goofing around, and just enjoying each other. I remember looking at these two people with me and thinking of how blessed I am to have them. I could have taken this hike alone, but it was so much better with them with me. In fact everything is better when they are with me. I have truly been blessed both when I was young and now with this thing called family. What a picture it gives me of this family that God has invited me into.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 1 Peter 1:3-5






He is happiest, be he king or peasant, who finds his peace in his home. -- Goethe


Check out what my wife is thankful for. Thankful Thursdays

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie Luse said...

I look forward to many more baby! Thanks for blogging so kindly about me, makes me feel so lucky to be yours. :)
Julz

9:02 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

I bet that hike was awesome, right up to the point I interrupted it with a cell phone call to you!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Ronnie said...

Do you mean the same guy that plays basketball on Valentine's Day leaves his cellphone on during dates? Say it isn't so!!

I sure thank God for you and your sweet family, Josh!

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home