Friday, October 12, 2007

Safety




What does it mean to be safe? I mean when you really think about it, is it really comfort you are talking about? Or maybe what you know, or supposed stability. Is it staying well away from the edge? Not going to fast? Living moderately, cautiously? Not running with scissors? Is God really limited by the physical like we are? Or is the safety we have in God so much bigger than that? Is it possible for something to slip by Him? Is there really anything that could distract Him, so he wasn't paying attention? "Whoops, how did that happen?" I am understanding safety on a whole new level. I am understanding that I am just as safe on a cliff in God's will as I am in my comfy bed at home. Not to say that I should be stupid, but to say I am to be dependent, at peace, assured, confident, resting in the fact that He is in complete control no matter the circumstances that surround my life. Feel satisfied, even comforted to leave the outcome is in His hands. I can rest in that. Father I do not want to live safely by they standards or this world disguised in timidity and caution, let me rest in your will and define safety according to your terms. Thanks God for this amazing reality!

Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:3-4

Keep me safe, O God, for in you I take refuge. I said to the LORD, "You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing." Psalm 16:1-2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home