Friday, October 26, 2007

Different




Many times when I think of different I think of it in a negative connotation. Different can be bad, but just because it is different doesn't make it bad. This has been a different week. This has been a different month. This is a different place. I hope that I am different as well. I am definitely different here. I stand out like a sore thumb. Even the dogs are not quite sure what to make of me around here. I drive and walk by many smiles and fingers pointed in my direction daily. I hope that after not seeing many family and friends for some time I will look different when I return. Not physically on the outside, although that too may be true, but different on the inside. I hope that my character is changing, that I am growing to be more like Jesus. That I am not just learning more truths about God, but that they are sinking deep into my being, and I am becoming more like Jesus every day. I don't want to have just taught about God, I want to live out these things.

God give me the strength I need to be light and a breath of fresh air in dark and searching places.

When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus. Acts 4:13

..."I have set for you and example that you should do as I have done for you." Jesus (In John 13)

"...apart from me you can do nothing" Jesus (In John 15)

1 Comments:

Blogger Charlie said...

Josh,
I'm proud of you, and I'm proud that you're doing this.
Chuck

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home