Friday, August 21, 2009

Get Your Groove On

I saw this on a friends blog and it sparked some ideas. Three minutes and six seconds that teach so much. One thing that stood out to me is that someone has to start. It doesn't have to be the smartest, most qualified, strongest. It has to be someone. Someone with courage. Someone who doesn't care what other think. Someone willing to be uncomfortable. Someone willing to stand out.
Another thing I thought is that you may be doing it by yourself, against the odds, with sneers, laughs, fingers pointed, and people thinking you are a little weird. Or maybe a lot weird.
Stick to what you know you should do. Movement takes time. Endurance. Pain. Struggle. Joy. Authenticity.
Be who you are. You may not have the best moves, or smoothest skills. But you are you, with a finger print that is unique, and a uniqueness that goes far beyond that.
I'm sure there are many other things you could pull from this and maybe you will even leave a few in the comments, but my last one is to have fun. That's right. In all of this have some fun.
So go out. Stand out. Lead. Step out of what you know and what you are comfortable with, and get your groove on!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger JStryker said...

That's a beautifully hilarious video! Makes me think I pass up too many moments when I should just go for it.

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home