Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Meetings

This morning I was coming out of my office (aka my basement) and I was greated by a little sleepy eyed guy in pj's. I had just finished meeting with someone and after they left Asher said,

"Daddy, No want yours go to work today."

I realized that I had not even gotten to see him two days before, I left before he was up (which is a pretty hard task to do with him) and got home after he was asleep. And the weekend before was not much of a weekend. In fact the week was packed a little too full.

Now I am trying to balance life and what it means to be a husband, and father, and pastor, and school supervisor, and church planter, and friend... you know the drill. I am learning there are just times that I need to stop what I am doing, or what I had planed, no matter how busy the day week, month, year, or what I have to do, and just be fully present... available... to my family.

So I said, "Ok, what do you want to do Asher?"

to which he responded, "Want to have a meeting with Asher?"

Me, "Ok."

He came down the stairs and sat on the couch accross from me, which I guess is what he has seen me do, so I just rolled with it.

Me again, "How are you doing?"

Ash "Good."

"What are you going to do today?"

"Play."

Me, "That sounds like fun."

"Yep."

Me, "Want to hear a story"

"Yes."

Me, "About what?"

Asher, "A boat."

So I proceeded to tell him this incredible story about a boat, and a guy named Noah. He ran to get my Bible and sat down on my lap. I had to recite it by memory because he wanted to turn the page every two seconds. (To bad my Bible doesn't have pictures).

Anyways the whole thing had to end with some wresting or wrassel as he calls it. The whole thing only lasted about 15minuts but it was just one of those little reminders of the important things in life.

December 10, 2008 was a good day.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home